Baby Bottle Boomerang
The Baby Bottle Boomerang for Haven Health Clinic is back and is a great way to support the free ministry services of Haven Health Clinic. The mission of Haven Health Clinic is to protect and affirm all life by offering support and hope through the love of Christ. Make sure to get your Baby Bottle before leaving church this Sunday (or any Sunday) and fill it up with any change or money you can find and part with. The fundraiser runs from Mother's Day to Father's Day. You can bring your filled up bottles back to TRC any Sunday, but by June 19th at the latest.
It's our joy to offer believer's baptism during the warm summer months. If you have repented of your sins and believe by faith in Jesus as Savior and Lord and would like to be baptized, please contact Jim Lanier at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list.
FAM - Family Advocacy Ministry
Our FAM (Family Advocacy Ministry) has a big need that you can help with for one of the foster families we serve. Our ministry leaders, Andrew and Jessica Smith, are organizing a work day on Saturday, May 28th at 9:00am for the Bond's foster family. They are needing some yard work done, primarily weed eating and mowing. If you can help serve this family on the work day and/or bring your own Lawncare equipment, please contact Andrew Smith at 706-766-2402.
Floyd County Baptist Association Donations Needed
The Floyd County Baptist Association is collecting several items for the Georgia Baptist Children's Home. Please see the message below from the Director of Missions at the FCBA, Dr. Tim Smith:
I'm asking all of our FCBA churches to help our Georgia Baptist Children's Home by collecting the items and then bringing them to the FCBA office on Tuesday, June 21st. The Georgia Baptist Children's Home truck will be at the FCBA office to begin loading at 10:00am and they will pull out at 12:00pm NOON so don't be late! We'll have just two hours to get everything loaded. Bring your items and be ready to help LOAD THE TRUCK!
We are just 33 DAYS away from the LOAD THE TRUCK day so keep encouraging your church to collect the following items.
These items need to be collected at your church and then brought to the FCBA Office located at 308 Redmond Road on Tuesday, June 21. The GBCH truck will be here at 10:00am and they will leave at 12:00pm, that gives us 2 hours to LOAD THE TRUCK.
- Boxed Snack Crackers, Chips & Cookies
- Paper Plates with Sections
- Paper Towels
- Solo Plastic Cups
- Laundry Pods
- Toilet Paper
- Disinfectant Spray
- Fabuloso Cleaner
- Walmart Gift Cards (Preferred)
- Kroger or Publix Gift Cards
- MasterCard or Visa Gift Cards
Dr. Tim S. Smith
Director of Missions - Floyd County Baptist Association
706-291-0904 - email@example.com
Restoration Rome - Four Easy Ways to Engage
1) Monthly Foster Parent Night/Day Out: An organization, church, or individual can serve by helping host a 3 hour childcare event that gives our foster/adoptive families a break. Hosts are able to choose the day/time of the event and the programming offered. This could range from VBS-like programming to simple playtime. Restoration Rome sends out invitations and collects RSVPs for the hosting church. Background checks are required for event leaders and at the discretion of the host site for other supervised volunteers.
2) Meal and/or childcare provision for a monthly foster parent association meeting: Our foster parents have a 2.5hr training meeting each month at Restoration Rome on the first Monday of each month from 6-8:30pm. Churches, small groups, or community organizations have the opportunity to show appreciation to our foster families by providing the meal for this event. Childcare for these meetings is also a need, so a group could decide to provide both meal and childcare or one or the other. There are generally about 40-50 folks including children and adults in attendance. *Providing freezer meals through our Loaves and Fishes ministry is a great way to help our families in the absence of these gatherings.
3) Birth Parent Class and Parent Support Group Hospitality: Birth parents attend weekly classes held on Tuesday or Thursday evenings at Restoration Rome as they do the hard work to restore their families. A great way to encourage and support them is to provide some hospitality for these 2hr classes or the meal for graduation. There are usually 15-20 parents in attendance for graduation and 8-12 for support group.
4) Quarterly Appreciation for Service Providers: Our Service providers, such as DFCS and Private Foster Agency staff, need encouragement as they work day in and out in difficult and dark circumstances. Lift frontline staff in prayer and/or provide some appreciation/encouragement through cards, a tray of cookies, hand-picked flowers for the office, etc. – any little, inexpensive thing that conveys thoughtfulness and thanks.
To sign up for any of these opportunities, please contact Mary Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706)346-6419.
In an effort to communicate better and more often, we've started a monthly newsletter for 2022. To read May's edition, please click HERE.